February 19, 2021
Guitar Packing and Shiping Best Practices
High Value Guitar Shipping Best Practices
Use the correct box and materials.
- Quality guitar shipping box #200-#250
- Take a photo of your box seal certification see sample:
- Hard shell case
- Bubble wrap
- Shipping tape
To minimize risk, get best insurance coverage her are proper shipping and packing tips
- Take photos of guitar all angles before shipping.
- Take a photo of your box seal.
- Take photos of inside and outside of hard case before placing guitar in hard case.
- Loosen strings of guitar.
- Secure neck in hard case
- Take photo of guitar packed in hard case.
- Place closed hard shell case in shipping box. (required for an active insurance policy with UPS Capital)
- Secure guitars inside box with wrapping paper or buble wrap.
- Verify is it not moving by giving it the shake test.
- Videotape this for your records.
- Print label and attach it to box with clear packing tape.
- Schedule a pickup with UPS or take the guitar to a UPS Customer Care Center. (This is not a UPS store, but an official UPS owned Customer Service Center)
- Have the UPS employee or driver sign a copy of the UPS receipt for insurance purposes. Keep a copy for your records.
- For a pickup DO NOT leave your guitar at front door for pickup no matter where you live.
- Always insure your guitar
- Alway choose signature required.
- Never drop a guitar at UPS without getting a signed receipt from employee taking posession.
- Without proof there is no evidence you dropped the guitar off at UPS.
- Call or email if you have any questions or need assistance. 410.261.4558 email@example.com